Lucas and his fancy Hearing Aids!


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Little Mister

Here's a general Lucas update since the last ones have all been about appointments!

He's seven months old now (WHAT?! Where'd my baby go?) and the happiest, most gorgeous little person! He is always so laid back, is always super smiley, and he loooooves his Mama (and boy is the feeling mutual!). He also loves his Daddy and big brother Noah. He's a lot like Noah was at this age. He hasn't been a great sleeper, which is pay back for Noah I suppose, seeing as he STILL sleeps 12-14 hours at night and takes 2-4 hour naps. He's starting to sleep a little bit longer at a time and nap more which I'm thankful for, but I can't get too sad about having to wake up and see his gorgeous little face a few times a night!

He just started crawling last night. He's been up on his hands and knees rocking, and was really good at rotating around for a while. All of a sudden he decided he was ready to crawl, and started cruising all over the place! I think I'm in trouble!

He's doing REALLY well in speech therapy. Our speech therapist Cathy is really great, and so helpful. We have a bunch of songs and games we sing and play that are designed to help him recognize the speech sounds. He's been detecting sounds a lot lately, turning his head to look for them, smiling when he hears them.

We've also been having sign language classes at my house every monday, which has been a lot of fun. Our instructor Joanne is an interpreter and she's a lot fun. My Mom, Dad, Sisters and Josh all come most Monday's so it's a family affair. It's great to have the people he sees most in his life so involved in learning how to communicate with him, it means a lot to me. Afterwards we usually have pizza or something. It's given us a reason to get together at least once a week, since our schedules can be so busy. I look forward to Mondays :)

There's more, but three posts in one day is my limit! It's 11pm and he will most likely be awake in the next couple hours, so it's bedtime for me! Hopefully I will be a little more on top of posting regularly, but I can't promise it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment